Today we hit two big milestones:
(1) Rex peed in the potty before his nap! Of course, I had to read books and sing songs to him for like 30 minutes, but he's very very proud of himself. He kept remarking that he is a big boy and that he peed in the potty like Mommy, Sylvie and Daddy. I really hope he is inspired to try again, because up until now he has had no interest.
(2) Sylvie made it halfway through her Hooked-on-Phonics (kindergarten edition) chart, which qualifies her for a prize (tiara making kit). She is also very proud of herself and has made BIG strides in reading this week. We usually work on it every day or so for 15-20 minutes though I will let her skip days if she is not that interested. She now really understands sounding out words. When she gets through the whole chart, her big gift is a trip to the used toy store to stock up on Barbie clothes.
Just to include a photo. Here's a super cute one from when Sylvie and Rex were visiting their grandparents in Florida. They really enjoyed playing with their grandparents' two dogs.
3 comments:
It's hilarious how willing kids are to get in those doggie cages. Perhaps they don't realise the level of temptation it inspires in their parents. Congrats on your milestones! Hoorah!
Ha! I love Natalie's comment about temptation. Good one.
Congrats to both Rex and Sylvie for being one step closer to "all grown up". I'm so proud, and yet there is a bitterness to the sweet joy, just knowing they won't always be kids.
Then again, I can't wait to spoil your teenagers rotten and turn them against you! Mwyah ha ha ha hah...
I have to admit, I have been tempted. That's what their shared bedroom is for!
Post a Comment