Kids and I just got back from a fabulous vacation in Yosemite Valley with our close friend Nancy McClelland. We stayed at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, which is at the base of Yosemite Falls. Even though it's been a bit warm for Yosemite this December, I didn't want to push my luck with Rex & Sylvie and camp - even though they think the family tent is the coolest thing ever. It was in the mid-50s during the day and in the 30s at night. Since we were with kids, we mostly looked at views and did some minor walking around the Valley. However, no matter where you are the Valley is stunning. There is so little snow in the Sierras that even Glacier Point was still open, so we got to drive up there. (Californians better start praying for some big storms or we will be on serious water rationing next year - not to mention no skiing!). We saw some wildlife - a bear (thanks to Nancy's keen spotting), a lot of deer, a coyote, squirrels and ravens. It was really fun and I'm hoping Nancy will want to keep taking trips with me and the kids to fun places.
Nancy McClelland
Yosemite Valley
Mr. Rex
Sylvie delighted to see any snow (ice) at all.
1 comment:
Yay, what a fun trip! I still have to look at all the zillions of photos I took and the send them along to you. I had a great time and can't wait to plan our next outing together. HUGE hugs...
Post a Comment