Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Very Rough Week


Hi All:

It's been a terribly rough week. I had to work nonstop on a motion that just took all of my time for more than a week (my own fault letting it get away from me - balancing work and family life this time is killing me). Jeff really stepped up and did an incredible job taking care of the kids - both of them! He did baths, he did food, he did bedtime stories . . . he did it all. In addition, he picked me up at work late at night. We are both exhausted, but seemed to have made it through.
The highlight of the week was the Christmas Fiesta at Sylvie's spanish immersion pre-school. About two weeks ago, I got an e-mail asking me to send Sylvie to the Fiesta in an ANT costume - no kidding. We sent her in brown clothing (roughly) and some antennae, which is pretty much what all of the other parents did. It was very cute. Ruth, our nanny, and her husband Javier came along as well. Sylvie's class sang some songs (as Ants I guess). There was food, Santa Claus and nice opportunity to socialize with the other parents. We really like this nice girl named Ruby who is super spunky and who has two wonderful moms.
Now I can't believe Christmas is so soon! To all the people we send Xmas presents (mostly the kids out there), they will definitely be late! Sorry! Actually, we don't even have Xmas cards this year, so I guess we'll be doing our annual President's day mailing.

Love,
Jolie-Anne

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, that sounds like an insane week. So glad it's over! When will you have time to recuperate? And how exactly do ants fit in to a Spanish fiesta? :)