Friday, August 29, 2008

Day One - New Phase in Life


Day One!
Hi Everyone,
Big news. I'm taking a break from practicing law to focus on family life for the next 6-12 months. In short, the goal is to make things more fun. We've been stretched so thin lately with my legal practice, Jeff's business, MBA School and the kids that we have been just surviving. Since life is short, drastic measures were required.
I have an open offer from my wonderful firm to return pretty much anytime in the next year if there is work. I hope to do so in order to transition into the firm's new energy practice. However, I'm not really going to do any planning until the new year.
So, day one was fun. The kids and I ate breakfast, watched Sesame St., ran a couple errands and then hung out at Alameda Beach which is super shallow water. Rex and Sylvie are water babies and love running around in the water. They also love digging in the sand. After nap time - right now - we are going to pick up supplies for making pizzas. Sylvie's going to make customized pizzas for all of us tonight.
I feel better already.
Love,
Jolie-Anne

2 comments:

dorothy said...

Yeah for the privilege of being being a home based mommy! I hope all of the days are treasures and that your heart won't long to rush back into full time work too soon. FYI - Our #10 is on the way - an 8 month old boy in AL who we are hoping will be home for Thanksgiving.

Sharan said...

Jolie - In my next lifetime I'm coming back as your child! What a day you had on Day One.

It was wonderful seeing you at the Art & Soul Festival. I find is amusing that I was able to find you by seeing Sexy Rexy being tossed in the air! I remember thinking, "Wait a minute, I know that baby!"

Enjoy this special time at home with your family. Don't forget that Kim and I want to take you out to lunch next time you are in SF (and bring the kids). Give us a call! I miss you already.
Sharan