Sunday, March 16, 2008

Finally!



Finally, time to do a short blog entry (about 10 minutes before bed). It's been an exhausting after-Xmas season. Working and taking care of the kids is about all I can handle with Jeff also working, starting his own consulting firm (Natron Resources, Inc.), attending MBA school and starting up another business with his friends (Greenlight Organics). In addition, he and a couple of his pals have just reached the finals of a prestigious business plan competition. I'll be glad when our lives mellow out a bit. Anyway, here is the short update on everyone:

Sylvie: Still loves school. Right now, she is very into her new pink bicycle. It's a little bike with training wheels. She's amazing on it. I thought there would be this period of time full of crashes during which she learned to steer, but, actually, she's a pro. She zooms around on her bike steering perfectly to stay on winding paths and to avoid obstacles. Today, Sylvie and I went to a matinee to see "Horton Hears a Who." We had a really good time eating junk food and laughing at the movie. What's great about Sylvie is that she is super outgoing. She loves saying "Hi" to everyone from scary gang members on the streets of Oakland to old ladies in line at the supermarket. She's good with the small talk. "Hi, my name's Sylvie. You like chocolate?"

Rex: Or, as we call him, Rexie-Poo. He's a squirmy little guy right now. He's a fast crawler and loves to pull himself up to standing on anything he can grab hold of. What he really likes best is his sister who never fails to crack him up. He's actually quite a serious little guy. What really trips Rex's trigger right now is the baby swings. He squeals with delight and kicks his legs.

Jeff: Enough said above. Jeff doesn't have time for anything else except for his country music addiction. We actually had a real date recently. He took me to the Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood concert. It was actually pretty fun.

Me: Likewise, enough said above. I'm just trying to keep up with my life.

Sorry, that's all I have time for now. Jolie-Anne

1 comment:

dorothy said...

Hey cousin! I finally found the link to your blog again - it was on the 'kids' computer which I am trying to reconfigure due to some type of fatal error that happened while I was in Korea. Good thing - I forgot that you had this site. Do you happen to have the link to Natalie's site or other relations? You all look great - isn't it amazing that our babies are almost a year old?! I thing it's time for one more in my house this summer, so far we are hoping it will be a boy since terminus is a horrible name for a girl.