Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can't escape genetics

Poor Rex. He inherited my non-photogenic genes. It's not like we are trolls or something; we are pretty normal. (Sylvie has escaped this curse entirely). It's just that something goes wrong with our faces whenever a lens is pointed at us. So, a while back, we went to Calaveras Big Trees State Park to see the Sequoias rising from a sea of dogwood trees - just stunning. I decided that the trip might be our opportunity to get a photo for our Christmas cards. We started off trying to smile and each progessive photo got worse and worse. Check it out. We can torture Rex with these at his wedding.

Picture 1: Should have stopped right there.

Picture 2: There is always hope

Picture 3: Nevermind


Now a good picture of Sylvie, Robbie & Rex in the woods.
See, he can smile.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That sequence just CRACKS ME UP... especially with your running commentary. I will always remember the time I tried to get a photo of you/Jeff, Anna/Johnny in your staircase -- it was a series of about 20 photos, all completely miserable failures. So glad to see that it's really just genetics! :) It was so good to see you this weekend; I've been thinking about what our next trip should be! Love, Nan

Natalie said...

Non-photogenic?! That nose wrinkle is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!! :)