Halloween was great fun. Sylvie was old enough to understand all of the fun stuff like costumes and candy. She chose her own costume, black kitty; helped her dad carve the pumpkin; and headed out with the girls across the street to score some candy. She really loved the trick-or-treating. For days afterward, she kept announcing that she was going out again. She also really liked having a plastic pumpkin full of candy.
Rex was a sweet pea, which was really Sylvie's old costume. His costume, a lamb, was too big so it went to Cousin Robbie next door (maybe John will post photo of Robbie). Rex wasn't too into the festivities being only 4.5 months old, so he promptly fell asleep in his costume.
November 1st, I went back to work. It's very stressful as usual, but particularly so now that I'm becoming more of a senior associate and no one seems to remember that I only work 4 days/week. However, I really like being back. It's fun to dress up like an adult and spend the whole day in my beautiful (and clean) office. After all, in my office, someone else vacuums the carpet and makes sure my computer is working.
Thanksgiving is this week and we are expecting a crowd of local friends and family (the Levin-o-Garveys next door) as well as my Dad, John Garvey. Hopefully, I'll have a new post next weekend.
5 comments:
Dear Jolie, Jeff and Ansleyettes:
I had no trouble accessing your blog. What a treat!
I'm on my way out the door to run a couple of errands but I'll be back soon to explore your blog more thoroughly.
Thanks for sending the link my way.
Ryan
PS: Hi to Johnny, too!
Oh, Jolie -- bless your heart. I love this blog. I love knowing what you're reading and thinking, love keeping up with the kids and Jeff, and love feeling like we are connected in one more small way! Please keep it up; this is great; I will look forward to posts every week! So much love, Nancy
Jolie -
Thanks for sharing your blog. Sylvie looks very cute in her cat suit.
I agree with your comments about the main character in the book, "Into the Wild." I read this book several years ago and I was thinking, "This guy is a complete dumb-ass" the whole time. Regardless, it would be fun to see the movie. It is now playing at Shattuck Cinemas. Similar to the movie, "Grizzly Man," which features another cretin, this movie would be good to watch simply for the incredible outdoor scenery.
- E.B.
Hi Jolie,
Nice blog..I enjoyed it immenseley, thinking of starting one up myself. I enjopyed "The Kite Runner" too, narrated by the author. I got it from audible.com. "A Thousand Splendid Suns" is also a great read, just as depressing but a good read too. I will keep looking.
nancy
Dear Jolie:
After I read "The Kite Runner" I read "Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books" by Azar Nafisi. It's about her life as a professor of literature in Tehran and the lives of her students. I think you and Nancy would find it very interesting.
Later,
Ryan
Post a Comment